| A joint program of The Brick House and
GirlVenture! is a 2-week summer program that can help you learn how to start and operate your own business, develop your job skills, and reach your financial goals. YES uses award-winning programming developed by the National Foundation for Teaching Entrepreneurship, National Endowment for Financial Education, and Franklin-Hampshire Career Center.
The program is for young women, ages 13-21, living in Turners Falls, Millers Falls, Lake Pleasant, Montague Center, and Montague City, and surrounding communities (if space permits). No prior business or work experience is required to participate.
Please contact us for upcoming programs.
▪ a "BizBinder” filled with business tools
▪ visits with local business owners
▪ invention, sales & stock contests
▪ PowerPoint business plan presentation
▪ meals, snacks, prizes and T-Shirts
▪ YES, NEFE & Career Center diplomas
▪ college credit exam
▪ business trip to NY, NY
You'll create a
▪ business plan for the venture of your choice
▪ career plan, résumé, job search/interview skills
▪ financial plan to reach your personal goals
are female NFTE-Certified Entrepreneurship Teachers (CETs) and staff from Franklin-Hampshire Career Center. Local women business owners and other CETs will also be on hand as guest speakers and advisors.
Join over 300 YES alumni as a member of the Society:
▪ vote at the YES annual meeting
▪ apply for a business loan
▪ receive the YES e-Ledger newsletter
▪ save 5% on purchases at YES BizCenter
Tuition is sliding scale, $25-$200, based on your household income. Tuition covers all program activities and materials, transportation, NY, NY trip, college credit exam, and refreshments. Lunches are provided. Contact us to apply for a scholarship if you are unable to pay full tuition for your level (see application). No applicant will be denied based on inability to pay.
Space is limited to 18 participants, so early application is strongly encouraged. Complete an Application.
Interview & Notification
|© Young Entrepreneurs Society, Inc.|