BizVenture!™ helps you learn how to start and operate your own business. YES uses award-winning programming developed by the National Foundation for Teaching Entrepreneurship and by YES. The program is facilitated by a NFTE-certified teacher and local business owners, who serve as guest speakers, tour hosts, and advisors. The program is for youth ages 16-24 and meets national standards and helps develop school-to-career competencies. Some participants receive academic credit from their schools for BizVenture!
Orange, MA May 5-June 25, 2009, Tuesdays and Thursdays, 3am-6pm.
Orange, MA Summer 2009, dates and times TBA.
Orange, MA Fall 2009, dates and times TBA.
▪ BizBag filled with business tools
▪ visits from and tours of local businesses
▪ invention, sales, stock contests
▪ BizPlan competition
▪ graduation, framed diploma, YES membership
▪ be a voting member of the Society
▪ receive MOXIE!, YES' e-mail newsletter
▪ advertise your services through YES' Odd Job Squad™
▪ save 10% at YES BizCenter
Program fee for YES U students is free, for others it is sliding scale, $50-$200, and includes all program activities, materials, and snacks. You will not be denied participation because of your inability to pay, but you must apply for a scholarship or work-exchange.
Space is limited to 15 participants per program, so apply early!
1. Complete an application
2. We will contact you for a interview and then to confirm your attendance by mail, phone or e-mail.
Call Nate at (978) 544-1869 or email nate at yes-inc dot org.